The CTPA serves over 1.5 million students with a collective desire to share experiences, tools and knowledge.
Board of Directors
President - George Ybarra, Killeen ISD
Vice President - Robert "Bobby" Vasquez, Elgin ISD
Treasurer - Nancy York, Navarro ISD
Secretary - Judy Monroe, Waco ISD
Director Area A - Caleb Steed, Hutto ISD
Director Area B - Christa Spearman, Northwest ISD
Director Area C - Kelley Lewis, Lubbock ISD
Director Area D - Lisa Turner, Klein ISD
Following are the duties of the Board of Directors as prescribed by the CTPA Bylaws.
ARTICLE VIII - OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
1. The management of the Alliance shall be vested in an Executive Director and a Board of Directors.
2. The Board of Directors shall consist of the following member representatives: Executive Director, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and a minimum of four (4) Directors.
3. The Round Rock Independent School District’s lead purchasing authority shall be the Executive Director of the Alliance.
4. Officer positions shall only be held by K-12 member districts.
5. Each member organization shall appoint a single representative as its voting member. Only voting members are eligible for Officer or Board positions.
6. If no candidate applies for office, the President (or Director in his/her absence) will have the authority to appoint an officer.
7. Board elections will be held in April, with all positions taking effect the first of July.
9. Term. All Board members shall serve two-year terms, but are eligible for re-election with a maximum of two consecutive two-year terms in any specific position.
ARTICLE IX - DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. Executive Director
1.1. Serves as coordinator and manager of the alliance.
1.2. Serves as ad hoc committee member at all board meetings.
1.3. Prepares contracts and services to be presented to the President and the Board of Directors for approval. Serves as Chairperson of the Nominating Committee.
1.4. Acts as Authorized Representative for the Alliance in all matters pertaining to the execution of Interlocal Participation Agreements.
2.1. Conducts and presides over the Board of Directors, the alliance and all board meetings.
2.2. Must maintain an annual membership in the Texas Association of School Business Officials.
3. Vice President
3.1. In the absence of the President performs all duties of the President and other duties as requested by the President.
4.1. Will record the minutes of all board meetings.
4.2. Maintain the historical records of the alliance.
4.3. Keep a roster of the membership and sponsors.
5. Treasurer - Works with CPA/Auditing firm chosen by the Board of Directors to provide the following services.
5.1. Quarterly financial reports.
5.2. Receives of all funds paid to the alliance in the form of membership dues, sponsor fees, booth fees and any and all other income due the alliance.
5.3. Ensure all financial records are submitted for annual audit by the Board of Directors or Board’s appointee(s).
6.1. Directors shall be appointed/elected only from Regions defined by the Board of Directors. Only one person from each entity can serve on the Board of Directors as an Officer or Director.
6.2. Responsible for formation of subcommittees and coordination and/or performance of special projects and research as may be assigned by the Board.
6.3. Sponsor group for mentoring, training and other member support services as may be assigned by the Board.